Premier Hotel Just Moments from Downtown Chicago Events
With its exclusive address, the InterContinental Chicago Magnificent Mile is the perfect hotel for those looking to experience the endless variety of exciting things to do in Chicago.
From home games for the Bears and Black Hawks to music festivals, museum exhibitions, and cultural celebrations, your stay at the InterContinental Chicago will be filled with local flavor and exciting events
Upcoming Local Events
- Taste of Chicago July 10-14 2013 : The nation’s premier outdoor food festival held in Grant Park.
- Lollapalooza Aug. 2-4, 2013 : Chicago’s annual music festival held in Grant Park features a range of popular bands, dance and comedy performances.
Stadiums & Events
- Soldier field : Home stadium to NFL Chicago Bears, but also a venue host for many concerts and events on the off season. View upcoming events.
- United Center : Home stadium of the Chicago Bulls and Blackhawks as well as a concert venue for big acts. View upcoming events .
- U.S. Cellular Field: Home stadium to the Chicago White Sox. View schedule.
- Wrigley Field : Home of the Chicago Cubs and the second-oldest ballpark in the majors behind Boston's Fenway Park. View Schedule .
- McCormick Place : The premier convention facility in North American, just minutes from downtown Chicago. View upcoming events .
Museums & Culture
- Navy Pier : Chicago’s lakefront playground, the Historic Navy Pier® is the place to go to enjoy the beauty and thrills of a day on Lake Michigan.
- Wateriders Kayaks : Take a unique tour of Chicago from the water with wateriders kayaks.
- Chicago Children’s Museum at Navy Pier : Chicago Children's Museum's mission is to improve children’s lives by creating a community where play and learning connect. The museum features three vibrant floors of exhibits and activities.
- The Museum of Contemporary Art : A contemporary art museum near Water Tower Place in downtown Chicago in Cook County, established in 1967 and is one of the world’s largest contemporary art venues. View exhibition information .
- Chicago Shakespeare Theater : A leading international theater company dedicated to producing Shakespeare's work for the next generation, and serving as Chicago's cultural ambassador through our World's Stage Series. View upcoming performances .
- Civic Opera House : One of Chicago’s historic landmarks and the second-largest opera auditorium in North America, Lyric Opera’s Civic Opera House is a world class concert, art and performance venue. View schedule .
- Art Institute of Chicago : A combination of accredited school and art museum located in Chicago's Grant Park. It has a collection of Impressionist and Post-Impressionist art in its permanent collection. View exhibition information .
- John G Shedd Aquarium : An indoor public aquarium located in the heart of Chicago that was established in 1930.
The Hottest Shows
Nowhere is the city of Chicago more alive than at the theatre. See the season’s best shows while in town for and marvel at the magic first-hand. For the best seats in the house, please call the hotel at (312) 944-4100 and ask to speak with the Concierge Desk.
- Potted Potter - This much buzzed-about parody of the famous Harry Potter novels is a must-see.
- Book of Mormon - Winner of nine Tony awards, including Best Musical of the Year, be sure to catch this religious comedy.
- Cinderella - Watch the timeless tale of Cinderella come alive like never before.